The city is substantially invested in the "feasibility phase" of Grandview Green. What we know, is that they have completed a market research study, transportation and sustainability studies at great taxpayer expense.
The proposed development includes:
- 1,080,500 SF Residential Housing
- 722,000 SF Parking
- 106,000 SF Civic Space
- 77,000 SF Commercial Retail Space
- 5,000 SF Commercial Office Space
The city plans to prepare an Air Rights Lease (the property interest in the space above the Earth's surface) by December 2018.
Click HERE for the City of Edina's June 2018 Progress Report on Grandview Green.
Has the city contemplated the following?
- The 50th Street corridor is the most congested in Edina during rush hour. Adding traffic from the new residential and commercial tenants will only exacerbate this problem.
- 1,000,000 square feet of residential housing suggests many more children in the Edina school district. What is the plan for accommodating new students in the school district?
- A development of this size will create additional infrastructure and public safety issues.
- Is this what the residents want?